Sunday, July 14, 2013

The jewellings

So I never realised that jewelling was an actual word- I have always used it to describe my jewellery adventures hence jewellings, and thought that I had made it up. But no, according to thefreedictionary.com it really is a word:

jew·el  (jl)
n.1.a. A precious stone; a gem.
b. A small natural or artificial gem used as a bearing in a watch.
2. A costly ornament of precious metal or gems.
3. One that is treasured or esteemed.
tr.v. jew·eled or jew·elledjew·el·ing or jew·el·lingjew·els1. To adorn with jewels.
2. To fit with jewels.

Also according to autogeek online jewelling refers to the finish polishing of a vehicle.


Great.
Even though I now have a valid vocabulary I can't help but feel a bit unoriginal.
Oh well...at least my work is unique.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment